dir. Kyzza Terrazas
Somos Lengua, 2016, México, 86 min
In different cities of Mexico, a large number of young people practice and have given themselves to the art of rap. They live for rap and they feed on it. Who are the rappers in Mexico? What do they find in that culture that “society” does not offer them? How is it that your intense relationship with words and language has transformed you and helps you survive in a country that does not offer you opportunities?
Premios y Festivales
Production Company: Viento del Norte Cine.
Producers: Carlos Sosa, Kyzza Terrazas, Laura Imperiale.
Cinematography: Alberto Anaya Adalid, Israel Cárdenas.
Aditional Photography: Christian Rivera, Marc Bellver.
Editing: Yibrán Asuad, Miguel Musálem.
– Premiere at the Morelia International Film Festival, (FICM) 2016
– UNAM International Film Festival, (FICUNAM) 2016
– Audience Award at the 8th Durango Mexican Film Festival, 2016
– Mention by the Jury, 2016 Monterrey International Film Festival
– Ambulante, Documentary Tour, 2016