dir. Everardo González
Cuates de Australia, 2011, Mexico, 97 min
The inhabitants of “Cuates de Australia”, an ejido in northwestern Mexico, migrate in search of water during the dry season. In his absence, the desert animals take over the place. In exile, men, women, the elderly and children; they await the arrival of the first drops of rain to be able to return.
Awards & Festivals
Production Companies: Producción Cinematográfica de Calidad (FOPROCINE – MÉXICO). Con el apoyo de: Jan Vrijman Fund / Tribeca Film Institute.
Producer: Martha Orozco.
Editing: Clementina Mantellini / Felipe Gómez.
Cinematography: Everardo González .
– Best Documentary, Nomination, Platinum Awards 2014
– Best Documentary Feature Film, Ariel Award 2013
– Best Sound, Ariel Award 2013
– Best Documentary, Lima Latin American Film Festival 2012
– Best Documentary, Los Angeles Film Festival 2012